1. Key Details
The policy is updated from time to time. The latest version is published on this page.
This website policy was updated on: 5th October 2017.
If you have any questions about this policy, please email email@example.com.
We gather and use certain information about individuals in order to provide products and services and to enable certain functions on this website.
We also collect information to better understand how visitors use the website and to present timely, relevant information to them.
3. What data we gather
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address
- Deomgraphic information, such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Website usage data
- Other information relevant to client enquiries
- Other information pertaining to special offers and surveys
4. How we use this data
Collecting this data helps us understand what you are looking from the company, enabling us to deliver improved products and services.
Specifically, we may use data:
- For our own internal records
- To improve the products and services we provide
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry
- To customise the website for you
- To send you promotional emails about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you
- To send you promotional mailings or to call you about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personal information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
5. Cookies and how we use them
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit.
- Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package.
Aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions.
- Identify whether you are signed in to our website.
A cookie allows us to check whether you are signed in to the site.
- Test content on our website.
For example, 50% of our users might see one piece of content, the other 50% a different piece of content.
- Store information about your preferences.
The website can then present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting.
- To recognise when you return to our website.
We may show your relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously.
However, please note that this may affect how our website functions. Some pages and services may become unavailable to you.
6. Third party links
At our discretion, our website links out to other websites, products, and services. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about everything that we link to.
7. Online material
8. Your consent